Back To Blog
DID YOU KNOW? These are some important dates coming up that could impact all our markets (Thanks Gordon Golub for sending!):
- November 5: We will learn the limits of sanctions on Iran.
- November 10: We will know the final results of the mid-term elections
- December 1: The US and Chinese presidents will have a private meeting on tariffs and trade at the conclusion of the Group of 20 Summit in Buenos Aires
- December 19: Will the Fed raise interest rates again? The percentage who believe this is inevitable is dropping.
- December 31: Will 2018 end with a deceleration of mergers and acquisitions? The all-time record for deals completed is $4.1Trillion in 2007.
DID YOU KNOW? As of the end of October, 89% of assets that Deutsche Bank collects data on for its annual long-term study, have a negative total return year to date in dollar terms. This is the highest percentage on record based on data back to 1901, eclipsing the 84% hit in 1920. We shall see the bottom line on December 31st...
DID YOU NOW? Softbank's Vision Fund plans to announce today that it has invested $1.1 billion into View Inc., a Silicon Valley-based maker of glass used in internet-connected windowpanes allows customers to control the level of tinting in so-called smart windows. This “dynamic glass” can help lower cooling costs and remove the need for blinds or other accessories. Sales to airports, hospitals, and office buildings have taken off over the past couple years.....will it come available to the residential real estate market to lower monthly operating costs too? (Bloomberg)