What is it exactly about Compass COMING SOON listings that is important for you as an agent individually, as well as for all of us at Compass collectively - agents and staff - in every region of the USA? Here are my TOP 10 reasons:
1. Human Beings are by their very nature attracted to having knowledge first, even more so in to-days day and age where there is so much information out there.
2. Like a movie, who wouldn't want to see a movie before the crowds see it? While we like to get information first, we also like the excitement and exclusivity of knowing we were there first. As marketers creating some sense of excitement and energy has a great value and fuels energy behind a marketing campaign. It adds an additional marketing moment of substantive value.
3. COMING SOON listings - if they appear on compass.com first - drive traffic to compass.com. We are all beneficiaries when there are more eyeballs focused on our website.
4. COMING SOON listings are not exclusionary of other agents within Compass or at competing brokerages. We encourage ALL agents to see our coming soon listings, show them and sell them! All agents benefit by this. They are NOT off-market listings at all.
5. COMING SOON listings take away from 'days on market'. For those of you lucky enough to be in super-fast moving markets, this may not matter to you....yet. Having a COMING SOON listing out for 10 days without the clock starting has value in a world where many search engines automatically list properties in priority of newest.
6. Most Broadway productions are tested in smaller markets before coming to Broadway. Like a Broadway Show, a COMING SOON listing allows you to test the market too. Should you lower or raise the price? Did several agents point out a flaw or feature you may not have noticed or focused as much attention on?
7. Clients and Sellers love creative marketers. A COMING SOON listing demonstrates agent innovation and adds to your marketing arsenal. It demonstrates additional value agents bring to the table.
8. In a world where aggregators and technology entities continue to make every effort to minimize or eliminate the human agent, COMING SOON re-captures our essential role in the brokerage equation. It is something these antagonists do not have and may break the consumer's addiction to them. We have evidence it's doing so already.
9. Social Media requires many impressions to have an effect. Many consumers search for newness via social media. COMING SOON affords your followers a reason to follow you more closely....and add followers! In New York a disclaimer is essential, so be sure to check your area what the local MLS rules require: "All listings are simultaneously syndicated to the REBNY RLS. Compass is a licensed real estate broker. All material herein is for informational purposes only, was compiled from sources deemed reliable but is subject to errors and omissions. Compass makes no representation or guarantees that Coming Soon properties are available in your region, or that its use will result in the benefits described herein. This is not intended to solicit properties already listed. Equal Housing Opportunity."
10. In markets where there is a growing inventory, a COMING SOON campaign can draw attention to your new listing in a crowded sea of options. Slower markets are finding the exhausted buyer who has seen everything to be the most inclined to pounce on the newest. In fast-moving markets with limited options, a time advantage is always a plus.
Have a wonderful day and MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. Drive carefully if you are driving and please take care!